KZFR Community Radio is a noncommercial, nonprofit, public service organization dedicated to playing music and disseminating news and information. Our purpose is to entertain, educate, and to contribute to cultural appreciation and enlightenment. KZFR's programming reflects the needs of the Northern Sacramento Valley Communities. Most Programming is produced by members of our community and is community oriented. Programming produced outside our community provides information on issues affecting the Northern Sacramento Valley.
KZFR Community Radio operates with the support of approximately 120 community volunteers who provide a wide variety of music programming as well as local public affairs and information programs, and who assist a small paid management staff with fundraising, outreach and events for the northern Sacramento Valley and beyond. Agreement with the principles and goals of KZFR is the sole criteria for participation. We are guided by the spirit of the First Amendment. KZFR Community Radio is open to everyone. We are united in our diversity.
It is the Mission of KZFR to enlighten, entertain, inform and educate our listeners in support of community.
In order to do this, we will:
- Train members of the community in best broadcasting practices and the use of the radio medium
- Provide alternative news and information
- Promote the expression of ideas without close creative control or commercial consideration
- Maintain an organization that reflects the diversity of interests in the station’s broadcast area
- Develop working relationships with other community organizations
- Cultivate a respectful and collaborative working environment
- Develop adequate financial support from the listeners we serve
To view our Local Content and Services Report for 2014, click here.